Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Little Lainie-Month 4

This past month has been so much fun and I feel like we're really getting more into the groove of life. I can't remember what things were like before Lainie was apart of our familiy and she has added so much joy to each of our lives. I am so thankful for this little baby.
Eating:
This month Lainie is still eating like a champ. She nurses about every three hours during the day and once at night. She has had a few growth spurts and would eat two times a night, but usually just once. I'm thinking we'll introduce solids much sooner than we did with Ruthie. I have no idea why we wanted to wait so long with Ruthie, but we did. Lainie is so much bigger at this stage, I think solids will probably make more of a difference than it did with Ruthie.
Size:
Still huge. She's not one bit fat, but is the longest thing ever. Most everyone thinks she is a 6 month old and when I tell them how old she is, they are very surprised. We're heading to the doctor in a few weeks and will get the update on her weight and height.
She's in 6 month clothes and they are a little bit big around, but not too long. She is still in size 2 diapers.
Daytime Sleep:
She's doing really well. Whenever we're home I do my best to get her in her crib for naps or the stroller if we're on the beach. She's sleeping usually from about 8:30-9:45ish, 11:30-1ish, 2:30-4pmish. I've been cutting out the last nap of the day, but if she takes it, it is usually for 30-45 minutes.
She is so happy when she wakes up, it is so cute and one of our favorite things.
Nighttime Sleep:
Overall, this month has been fairly good. She's been sleeping from about 8pm-4am, then back down until 7am. She hasn't had any additional nights of sleeping through the night, but I know its coming. Like I mentioned she's had a few other growth spurts where she has either woken up at 10pm, or 1am. It makes such a difference to only get up once a night! I remember that month 4 with Ruthie was a nightmare with sleep, so I feel a little more prepared. I've found that if I just accept that it is a growth spurt and get up, instead of wonder why she isn't sleeping as good and what are we doing wrong, it is so much better for my sanity.
Eyes:
I'm almost certain there is no going back, she's a blue eyed girl!
Paci:
Yes, but only when she's tired.
Swaddled:
Yes. She has completely filled up the miracle blanket, so I'm thinking we won't be able to use it as long. It really works wonders for us. Theres a reason Jesus was swaddled :-)
Nickname:
NayNay. Done.
Hair:
She has a totally bald spot on the back of her head, but other than that she has really soft fuzz all over. She hasn't lost as much hair as Ruthie did, but she has the mullet starting. I will absolutely not wait as long to cut it off this time. No more mullets in this family.
She loves:
This baby loves to be talked to, she constantly talks back to you.
The bath, until its time to get out. Loves loves loves the bath, especially when she can laugh at Ruthie.
The bouncey seat. Wow, she loves the bouncey seat.
The jumperoo. She doesn't last as long in it as she will the bouncey seat, but she is so good at jumping in it.
Looking around on her tummy.
To be held facing out so she can see everything. She is much happier that way.
She doesn't Love:
There really isn't much she doesn't love. I would say she still doesn't like to be held like a baby, unless she's really tired, and still not really.
She's starting to have a little bit of stranger anxiety. I don't even think I can call it that, its more first time meeting anxiety. She's really starting to take everything in, so she has to learn each person first before she'll start smiling and talking to them. After she warms up, she's all smiles.
Firsts:
She rolled over! From her tummy to her back.

She can really grab toys now and intentionally goes for things.
She plays with toys on the jumperoo. She is very interested in all of the things on it.
Other:
Lainie is so easy. She maybe has 4-5 days a month where she is fussy in the evenings, and other than those days she is so, so sweet all the time. She smiles with her entire face, laughs, giggles, coos, wraps her arm around you.
-She has one of the most perfectly round heads I've ever seen. It is very rub-able.
-I thought she was getting Joel's eyebrows, but now I think they're mine.
She will lay her head down on Joel's chest occassionally and it is so incredibly sweet.
We love this baby!

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful baby girl! Happy to read about all the wonderful things she is doing, and that you are settling into life as a family of four!

Tara said...

What a sweetie pie! Love this update!

Jacki R. said...

Look at that tall girl! What a happy smiley baby :)