Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Loving the weather

The weather lately has been absolutely gorgeous, so we have been out enjoying it as much as possible!! This past week I decided to take the girls down to the beach for the morning. This isn't something I've done too much by myself because I have to pull the double stroller over the stairs at the walk over and I wasn't confident doing it. Now I know the best walkover to go to and don't have much of a problem doing it. We'll be heading there a lot more! As a side note, if you're in the market for a double stroller I can't say enough good things about our Bob Duallie revolution. It is perfect and I use it almost every single day (or our single revolution). They're expensive and hard to find used (we found ours on Craigslist after searching for months), but so worth it. I would skip the car seat adapter (and I wish we had), and just do what we did with Lainie with a towel around her head. It is nice to have the snack cups, but they're really high up and the sizes are off from about every sippy cup I've ever seen. Back to the beach...
We had the most fun down there. I packed a picnic and a big blanket and we ate and played and found shadows and played some more. Lainie was having a great time kicking up a storm, shaded by the stroller while Ruthie ran around and played in the sand. Ruthie has stopped eating sand and shells now (hopefully for good) and it makes the beach much more fun and much less getting in trouble!
I think we may head back there today since it is supposed to be gorgeous again! I love that we've got beach girls and hope we can always enjoy it together and not take for granted living so close.


3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh what a fun day!!!

Erika Trevathan said...

Oh, I wish we lived that close to the beach! An hour and a half is just not close enough. Looks like they had a fun time:)

Jacki R. said...

Amazing! It's great that you can take advantage of the beach in March!

Hooray on the not eating sand and shells any longer!!