Today is the last day of my 20's and while I can't believe I've been alive 29 full years, I'm not one of those people who dreads being 30.
Today I thought a lot about how much fun my 20's have been. I made a lot of mistakes, but most of them directed me to where I am now and for that I'm thankful.
When I think back on the last 10 years, here are the highlights of the past decade for me.
When I think back on the last 10 years, here are the highlights of the past decade for me.-I graduated college and got to have some incredible experiences cheering for NC State.

It was a lot of fun. I would have to say while this time was probably more of the bad choices section, there were lots of great times and memories .
-I moved to Hawaii for all the wrong reasons.

-I absolutely hated it the first 6 months I was there. Then I found Jesus, and Kailua Community church and my life completely changed.
-I made some of the best friends of my life.

-A few months later, I met the man made for me and my life continued to change.
-A few months later, I met the man made for me and my life continued to change.
-We were baptized together on Easter morning in the Pacific and my life continued to change.

-One month later, we were married.

-I learned my parents are always right.
-We moved back to NC and bought our first house.

-We got what we think is the world's best dog.

-Joel graduated as Valedictorian from NC State and we sold our first home.
-We moved to the beach, Joel started his first job.
-We bought the home we intend to raise our family in.

-We were given one of the greatest gifts in life.
-I am a stay at home Mom.
-This is my favorite season of life so far.
I really can't believe all the things the last 10 years held and how fortunate I am. I know that 30 will be great, especially because of a sweet little girl I'll get to meet once I'm thirty.
So Long 20's! Hello 30's!
I am beyond blessed and thankful for every single one of these days and years.
**Funny story, I've been getting FB birthday messages all afternoon today and finally I had to ask Joel if today was my birthday and I was just thinking it was tomorrow. He checked his phone and confirmed my birthday is tomorrow ;-)
5 comments:
Happy birthday Grace!
Great post! Hope you have an awesome birthday!! :)
Happy Birthday! Great blog!!
Happy Birthday Grace! Silly facebook was announcing it way ahead of time:)
P.S. 30 is AWESOME!!!:)
What a fun review of the last 10 years! Thanks for the guided tour down memory lane :)
Post a Comment