Monday, September 12, 2011

Pregnancy through Week 32


Wow, this is really flying by...more than I ever expected. I can't believe we are less than 2 months from meeting our sweet baby girl. Are we ready?

Nope.

Will we be?

Probably not, but can you really ever be ready?

I'm hoping we'll have the crib put together, the kitchen put together and some diapers and I think thats as ready as I can hope for! I'm praying the new floors will be down, but man does poor Joel have a list a mile long! It would be fantastic if it could all be done and we have a week or so just to relax before our life changes for the better! Here is the 32 1/2 week update!

How far along? 32+ weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I'm still at about 18 pounds. I lost a pound the month I was sick, but the belly still grows so that is good. I can't imagine how much I would've gained if I hadn't been sick! I'm thankful I didn't lose more since I lost over 15 pounds when I had mono in college.

Maternity clothes? They are getting to the too short stage, the shirts at least! I don't understand why they make maternity shorts so weird? I wish they would just make them like they make maternity jeans, but they don't (at least in my budget). I have one pair of shorts I really love. I'm starting to switch over to Joel's clothes. I'm glad its starting to cool off a little bit, its giving me a few more options. Let me just say, I'm not winning any fashion contests these days (not that that's ever been a problem!).

Stretch marks? Not yet, but getting really dry skin. I need to get to couponing some lotion, its so expensive I can't stand to buy it and I'm so behind on my couponing this is definite motivation.

Sleep: Tylenol PM. I started waking up in the middle of the night and not able to go back to sleep and tylenol pm is sure helping.

Best moment this week: Helping with our kitchen reno and feeling normal. I was able to help Joel hang two of the upper cabinets and the microwave. It was GREAT to do something to contribute and even though what I did was minor (and involved screwing things into place) it was nice. I
can't tell you how happy I am to be feeling good. I'm so thankful to be well!

Movement: Lots. She's changing from kicks and jabs to gigantic rolls and shifts.

Food cravings: I'm running out of room for food. The main thing I want now is Sweet tea from McDonalds. I have a gallon in the fridge and I know its caffeinated which I know is not good.

Gender: Girl girl girl!

Belly Button in or out? I guess it was bound to happen. I don't like it and I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm over it sticking out. Its barely sticking out but to me looks huge. I've debated putting a band aid over it, but the thought of ripping it off freaks me out worse. Again, I know its ridiculous to care, I have no idea why I do.

Wedding rings on or off? On.


What I miss: Moving freely without groaning ;-).

What I am looking forward to: Picking out a name (man is that tough), getting the crib together, clothes together, pretty much just getting things ready so its not hanging over my head that it needs to be done.

Other: I'm having definite moments of being really overwhelmed with everything we've got going on here (the kitchen, house damage from the hurricane, etc). I think it stems from
pregnancy hormones because most of the things that freak me out are minor and not things I would normally think twice about but for some reason can't let go of. Its a really bad feeling and something I don't like That is what I'm looking forward to, no crazy pregnancy hormones! I think thats about it! We're getting really close!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

You look great! Everything will fall into place. Don't worry!

Sara said...

you look darling, what are you talking about!? :) we are the king and queen of revolving unfinished projects... i have finally accepted it. but it is so hard to have a running to do list when you're nesting!

Baze Days said...

You look gorgeous!

Erika Trevathan said...

You look beautiful Grace! And don't worry about all the unfinished projects. I have a feeling the nesting instinct will set in and you'll have a burst of energy. Somehow it always works out:) Hope you didn't have too much damage from the storm. Even though we live 1.5 hrs from the coast, Edgecombe county sure got hit hard with the wind and rain. We had some roof damage and a flooded laundry room as well as a flyaway trampoline and no power for 4 days. I was not a happy camper but I can imagine that it was a lot worse where you are!

Tara said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better! You look beautiful and I know you will be so happy to meet that little one, whether your kitchen is done or not! I'm just like you though: when there are unfinished projects, you just feel uneasy! Praying for peace and rest in these last few months!

Jacki R. said...

Great picture of you girls! I can't wait til you guys pick a name for sweetie #2 :)

Remember at your wedding when you had people suggest boy/girl names? Did you save those?!

leah said...

You look so great-- all belly! So glad you are feeling better!

Caroline said...

You look beautiful, Grace!!! I can't wait to hear when your baby girl arrives.