Yesterday was a big day at our house. We have 2 large arched windows over sliding glass doors and one is in Ruthies room and one is in the living room. Since we get so much sun here, it really heats up her room and is very bright. So not only to save on our electrical bill but also to try and get her to nap during the day, we've been on the hunt for the right (key word affordable) window coverings for them. Joel's been researching this almost since we found out we were having a baby and it just seemed like brick wall after brick wall. We had almost decided to order one online and Joel would install it. It was the least expensive option we had found. Thankfully, I asked my neighbor if he had any recommendations and he gave me the name of a local company, which I called. I talked with Tony the owner of Carolina Window Coverings and he was great. He came over, showed us a few options and we were sold. Not only was it almost half the cost, but the installation was included (a huge weight lifted off Joel). Yesterday, they arrived and are now installed!! We love them and highly recommend this company! Here are Ruthie's:
And the Living Room:
You can't tell from the pictures but they open and close based on how we want them. I would've opened them and taken a picture with the light coming through, but since I'm huge now, I've been banned from any ladders and pretty much being on anything higher than 6 inches off the ground, since there's probably a good chance I'll fall. Balance isn't my friend anymore :-).
Thanks to my sister and my parents we also got a steal on a bike stroller! My sister saw one on clearance at Target and called me. It was marked down from $120 to $29!! We've been wanting a bike stroller since we really like to ride our bikes around. My parents picked it up for us and Joel put it together. We really didn't know anything about it (other than it was cheap and if it was a dud we would return it), but it can hold 2 kids (It has a harness for just one also), but it can also be a stroller! It rides great, Joel took it for a spin around the neighborhood. I love it.
Of course she won't be able to be in it for a while, but it folds up flat and stores great. We are really excited to use it when she's big enough. It also came with a bug shield and rain guard! Perfect!
Pregnancy update, all is going great. I had a doctors appt. on Monday, her heartbeat was great, she's measuring right on track and I've gained a pound since the last appointment. We now start going every two weeks and in April start going weekly!! WOW! Time is flying! We can't wait!!
3 comments:
What great deals on both the window coverings and the stroller! I love the way that both look!
PS. Growing up in FL, I remember riding on the back of Mom and Dad's bikes many times. I think Ruthie will love being pulled in that stroller!
wow! those window shades look cool... and i'm sure little ruthie will LOVE that bike stroller!!
I love your window coverings! I was looking for one of those for our front room and hit the same brick wall y'all did! I wonder if your guys have any body local I could use.... Love the bike stroller! That is so cool! What a great gift :) Miss you!
Post a Comment