Friday, July 10, 2009

Home Renovation Part 1!

We have now completed our first house renovation project! Let me start by saying I am so thankful for a handy husband who is willing to take on these projects to save some money!!

Heres the story, we needed to replace some of the trim that was completely rotten, and we wanted it replaced quickly so it wouldn't get worse. So we started taking off the trim around the window arches. Cassandra and i decided to leave the guys and try out a new church, this is what we came back to



Interesting.....theres a door against the porch and the hubby is grinning from ear to ear! He loves a project. Let me give you a close up


Do you like the new indoor/outdoor living space? We're just trying to stay current ;-) Here's the reason why the door came out:
Hello Rotten wood, how about you stay away FOREVER!!

Here's a picture of my handsome hubby and a power tool! looks good to me!

So we got to work and by sundown got the sliding glass door back in! Man, is that sucker heavy!! Next came replacing the wall and putting tar paper over it. This is me, doing something I never thought I'd do :-)


Then the trim and siding and paint! all in all, it took about 3 weeks start to finish paint and all!

I need to take a picture of the finished product! I hope thats the last rotten wall we have to replace for a long time!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Great blog return! That was a massive project! My goodness you guys are brave! Glad its taken care of now!