Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Sweet Ellie B-Month 3


My beautiful baby.  This is by far the hardest blog I've ever written.  I have to remember every part of you, every aspect of you.  I can't/don't believe you're not with us anymore.  I miss you with every fiber of my being.  I love you with every thing I am.  Thank you for the three months you were in our arms.  You are such a gift.  Here is your three month update.

You smile big, open mouth smiles.  They make my heart soar.  There is not much better.



You have beautiful blue eyes, and the cutest dimple.  Just like Daddy.  I think you look more like Lainie as a baby, less like Ruthie and a lot like Daddy.


You are joy.


My beloved baby.

You are not a thumb sucker.  You tried this time and I thought it was so cute I took your picture.  You spent so much time snuggled up against me in the baby bjorn.  I am so thankful for all that time being so close to you.


You never sleep on your tummy.  During tummy time this day, you just couldn't keep your eyes open.  I thought you looked like such an angel, I laid right next to you and watched you breathe, then I took lots of pictures, then I held you.  Most of the nights you slept through the night, or wake up once or twice.  You are on a pretty good 3 hour schedule despite being in the car a lot.


You are so easy.  You go with the flow.  This day our family of five decided to take a picnic and play at the park.  You loved being outside.  Most free mornings in this month, we would load up in the double stroller and put you in the baby bjorn and walk for a while and end up at the beach while you slept on me.  Treasured memories.


You are so bright eyed.  You are big, I guess you weigh about 13 pounds, you wear 6-9 month clothes and size 2 diapers.

This picture was at the fall festival.  You just went with anything.  We had a lot of fun.

This is one of my lifes favorite photos.  It shows so much.  So much love.  So much joy.  So much lost.  A spot that will never be filled, never go away, it'll always be yours Ellie B.


I love your nose.


You love Mr. Octopus, Ms. Flower and the owl rattle.  Of course. Just like your sisters.


Speaking of love.  Every time Ruthie talked to you, this is what you did.  Love.  Absolute love.  Sisters forever.


Cooing and Smiling at your toys. You loved the playmat and the bouncy seat.  The carseat, you tolerated. 


Sisters.  Crazy about Ellie.  We all are.  Forever.


Love.

Me and my three girls.  One of my favorite moments.  Three girls in my arms. 

Again, against me in the baby bjorn.  When you were good and asleep, you'd spit out the paci.  So cute and kissable cheeks. 


You love the swing and on Nov. 4, played with the toy for the first time that morning.  I'm so thankful I have it on video. 

Your eyelashes.  So beautiful.

This is your cooing face.  You were hours from laughing.  Before I laid you down for your nap on Nov. 4, I just knew when I you woke up that afternoon you would laugh.  I was wondering which of us would be the one you would laugh at that evening.  I can't wait to hear you laugh.

This is my favorite picture of you. Love, Light and joy.

Always close to you.
I love this one too.  Joy, arms full.

Our last family picture, I wish I could see your face, but I cherish this picture.


Forever my baby.  I love you more than words.
I am backdating this post to your 3 month birthday, November 5, what became your angel-versary.  This post was written Feb. 25, 2014

11 comments:

Jillian said...

Hi, this may sound strange, I've followed your blog from my friend Leah Guenther's page for a while since our daughters are very close in age. When I saw Leah post something on facebook about your family, I have been praying for you and your girls ever since. I have friends that don't know you either or the blog, that I have shared your story and they have prayed for you. I do not know that kind of pain, but I do know the love of being a mother and I pray for peace for you and your family. I just wanted you know that your beautiful baby girl has made an impact on so many lives! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I read on babycenter to pray for your family. Even though I do not know you personally, I have done just that. God bless you.

Heidi said...

I will always remember how, on November 9th 2013, the night of Ellie's celebration of life ceremony, you said that you would do it all over again if it meant you could be her mom. I know you meant it. And I know how much you are hurting. And that just shows that the depth of your love is even deeper than the depth of your pain. I hope that that love continues to slowly but surely fill the cracks of your broken, shattered heart. <3
Love you, friend.

mimi said...

Beautiful spoken...forever perfect. <3<3<3

amanda said...

I don't even know what to say but I enjoyed reading this entry and getting to know Ellie better. Emory reminds me every day of a baby I never met, but feel like I knew. I meant it when I said you, Joel and the girls have touched my life in more ways than I can even begin to describe. I hope you continue to blog in whatever form it looks like. I love reading about your family. Amanda

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Sorry...I left a message through my google account, not blogger. I didn't want you to be confused.

Jacki R. said...

Thank you Grace, for sharing these beautiful memories of your precious girl!

These are all such wonderful characteristics about Ellie's personality for us to remember when we're thinking of her.

Tara said...

Grace,
I can only imagine how hard this post was to write, and how much your heart aches for your sweet baby every single day. I sure did love learning more about Ellie and seeing the precious pictures you posted. What a wonderful mom you are and I know how much she was loved when she was with you. Continuing to pray for you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. 3 beautiful girls.. <3

Jamie said...

She is so beautiful.