Sunday, December 2, 2012

Blog Photos!

It looks like we're out of Free blog storage, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what to do!  I don't want to pay the monthly charge (although it is minor), but the pictures are pretty much the point of the blog (I'm sure Grandma would agree ;-).

What do you all do? Do you archive it somehow to stay under the free storage limit or just pay it?  Hopefully, we'll figure something out soon!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Grace...I just had to pay it and so did Tara. Leah will have to pay it soon. At least it's minimal and there doesn't seem to be a way around it right now. What's a blog without pictures!

Erika Trevathan said...

Oh wow! I had no idea there was a cap on pictures!! How do you know when your getting close to your limit? Wow, definitely news to me!!

Sara said...

i just hit my cap recently and decided to pay. but another option is to use a different gmail account (like your husband's or just create a new one). you give that gmail account permission to be an author of your blog, then when you blog, you do so from that account and you've got a fresh start w/ pics. i've done lots of posts from my husband's account, some from our "blog" email address, and some from my photography email address. let me know if you have questions about that!

Jacki R. said...

Wow, wait, what?! This totally took me by surprise! So I quickly checked my account to see where we're at. I'm only using 54% of my 1GB photo storage on Picasa so far. How can that be?

This gal has some tips - including Sara's tip about creating a new gmail e-mail account:

http://handmadebymrsh.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-truth-about-blogger-picture-storage.html

I do resize my photos before uploading them to Blogger, so that could be why I haven't reached the limit yet. I was just surprised to hear this.

I hope you find a solution that works for you!