-We cut cable. I pretty much threw a silent fit about it to myself for about a week where I wanted to lay on the floor and flail (charming image, isn't it). Then I realized what a hold cable had on me and knew there was a problem. I called the next day and cut it. It was totally liberating. The cutting our cable/internet bill by more than 60% didn't hurt either.
-Joel's been wanting to cut cable for years. Years. I think he could go without it forever.
-I really miss HGTV and Food Network (and who am I kidding, Bravo and Lifetime just for Dance Moms). The only other thing I miss is the ability to watch things on demand. We've never had a dvr so I am used to watching everything live anyways.
-Now I just watch stuff on the computer which is definitely not the same as on the tv.
-I'm pretty ready for fall shows to come on.
-UNC Explorer is actually a pretty good channel. So is ION.
-You would think I would be getting all sorts of stuff done without cable. I am getting more done than I was, but the list is still never ending.
-With my new found time during nap time I've started reading again. Its pretty awesome. Lately I've read a few Randy Alcorn books and the Duggar books (thats right, those Duggars). The Duggar books I really loved and they told almost every step they took to being completely debt free. Incredible. and Inspiring. Any suggestions for books?
-Lainie and I were sick this past week/weekend (always on a holiday weekend, isn't it). Joel swooped in as superDad and took over. I slept and slept while he took over Mr. Mom. I don't know what I'd do without him.
-The mosquitos seem to not be as horrible lately. We've been able to go outside without getting constantly swarmed. Its been great. I love fall.
-Speaking of fall, is it too early for me to make party mix?
-I found 6 long, wirey gray hairs last weekend. I haven't colored my hair in about 4 years and it makes me sick to think I'm going to have to start coloring it so I'm not 30 and totally gray. ugh. Let me clarify, should I find 6 more long, wirey gray hairs, I will be coloring my hair (or maybe Joel will).
-Joel cuts my hair now. I've been getting it cut locally and every time i come home, he ends up fixing it (to the tune of cutting inches to repair the rattail damage), so instead of shelling out the $30 and have him fix it, he just cuts it now. He's actually pretty good at it, layers and all. I've had more people ask me where I get my hair cut now than in years, and we both crack up at their faces when I tell them its at Salon JoJo.
-One of my favorite things Ruthie says now is I be eat Mama? She says it all the time. She be eat'n. all the time.
-Another fav is Hold me Mama. All the day long.
-NayNay loves to do the Indian (totally not PC, no clue what else to call it). She thinks its hilarious and would do it continuously for hours I think. Ruthie never had any interest in that.
-I really want sushi this week, weird.
-Ruthie loves to hug (which strangely looks like a choke hold) NayNay. Its really sweet, and slightly scary.
I think random was definitely the right title for this blog post.
-
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
we just cut cable too! not sure if you have an ipad, but if you ever get one for christmas or whatever, the $8 subscriptions to netflix and hulu plus are way better than cable. we are loving it! saved us like $60 a month or something like that. (and we have a cord that hooks the ipad up to the tv, so we can watch right on the ipad or right on the tv, awesome).
Ruthie's hugs makes me think she'd be a good chiropractor!
I'm thinking about getting rid of our big satellite package and going down to the basics but I am dreading the withdrawl from Dance moms too! I really need to do it...I think maybe you have inspired me!:) And omg, if my husband tried to cut my hair I can not even fathom the horror. But i think its awesome your husband is talented like that. Your hair always looks gorgeous!:)
Post a Comment