Poor Blog, you have been seriously neglected lately. Its only because we've been having so much fun with having people visiting!
July 4th is a time I really look forward to because the past few years my family has all come down for a little vacation. This year was great. Ruthie got to hang out with all her Aunts, Uncles, and cousins (who she absolutely LOVES) and Gigi and Papa of course(who we know she loves too).
I'm still waiting on a few pictures (Papa, will you re-email me yours ;-), and like usual, I didn't take hardly any pictures and didn't realize it until it was over! I need to work on that.
We had an absolute blast with everyone. We've got a few super surfer's in training and thankfully everyone loves the beach, Ruthie included. We kept thinking about how next year, she'll be running around the beach in a cute little bathing suit.
I absolutely loved every minute of the week everyone was down here and will keep trying to get everyone to move here. If we could get that to happen and Jay and Judy here, we would be over the moon.
We can dream right? :-)
We decided to tackle the downstairs bathroom and tile the floor. I've been wanting to try a project on the vanity so I've been doing that too. I wanted to learn how to do all of this process so Joel has taught me the whole thing. He's a great teacher and we've had a great time doing a project together again. I missed doing this while I was pregnant. So far, I've disconnected all the water
taken out the vanity, taken out the toilet, Joel pulled up the old (disgusting) linoleum, we cut and laid down the hardiboard (my least favorite step so far), and Joel cut the tiles. I have done most of the work so far, but thankfully he cut the tiles since he is much more detail oriented, it was a good call :-).
The vanity really couldn't look too much worse, so I bought a package of beadboard wallpaper (that I saw on Rhoda's blog) and we got to work. I'm almost done painting it and will post more about that later. Our next step is to grout the tile and put everything back in! Its going to be so much better, we hope!
This past week, Ruthie had her 2 month appointment and shots.
Break. My. Heart.
Thankfully, Joel went with us and she did great. As soon as we were in the car, she knocked out asleep. Over the next 2 days there was a lot of this
and this
and this.
**Side Note- can she please wear footed jammies forever? I think they're the cutest thing ever!!
We hated that she wasn't feeling good, but took full advantage of snuggling with her. She is quite the mover now and doesn't like to sit still so this was a rare treat for us.
I'm also happy to say that our sweet baby is now over 10 pounds! She is filling out and so cute I can't hardly stand it!
Thankfully, she's getting back to normal after the shots, these pictures show her happiness!
Thats about it for now, oh one more thing, Sheila this one is for you :-)
2 comments:
Super cute photos! Love your 'do it yourself' project!
My poor blog has been neglected too! Its hard to just stop to just post! Ruthie is beautiful....she really looks like she is starting to get alittle personality!
Post a Comment